I just bought an HTC Vive pro headset only and I'm having Grey screen issues. Do I need to buy a base station just to get the headset to work?
    06-03-2018 03:27 AM
    I just bought an HTC Vive pro headset only and I'm having Grey screen issues. Do I need to buy a base station just to get the headset to work?
    Hi, sadly yes, you need the Base Stations, or cameras or sensors, that's because the HTC ViVE Pro, and even the ViVE needs it to track the spatial position with it, in an interesting and weird move the ViVE Pro was thought for people who wanted to upgrade from the original ViVE, so it doesn't include the cameras.

You can see more info on this video

I hope this answers your question.

But if you can you can opt for the Full Kit (US link, price is about 1.400 US$)

check this out here: https://enterprise.vive.com/us/
    Working on getting you an answer please standby.
    06-04-2018 10:34 AM
    Hi, sadly yes, you need the Base Stations, or cameras or sensors, that's because the HTC ViVE Pro, and even the ViVE needs it to track the spatial position with it, in an interesting and weird move the ViVE Pro was thought for people who wanted to upgrade from the original ViVE, so it doesn't include the cameras.

You can see more info on this video

I hope this answers your question.

But if you can you can opt for the Full Kit (US link, price is about 1.400 US$)

check this out here: https://enterprise.vive.com/us/
    pkcable likes this.
    06-04-2018 12:00 PM
    Yep. The reason for this is that HTC uses "outside-in" tracking, which requires base stations for tracking. If you want "inside-out" then Windows Mixed Reality is the way to go.
    06-04-2018 12:26 PM