I'm thinking about getting the updated daydream VR for the Note 8 but need to know the following - does HBO GO and Netflix currently work with the Note 8 in Daydream? Do all apps work out just a small sampling? Finally, I'm getting the Gear 360 free with my purchase. Does that work with Daydream it does it require Gear VR?

The only reason I'm interested is the View looks more comfortable, has HBO and doesn't require me to take the Note out of its case.
    10-04-2017 06:23 PM
    I think I can help here, BUT I have Daydream version 1 and a Samsung S8. There ARE a couple apps that have Daydream AND Gear VR apps and of those SOME require you to use the GearVR, or at least they required me who HAS a Gear VR, not sure what it would do if you don't have the Gear VR stuff installed. MOST apps work fine in Daydream. Ok the 360 should be no problem, you just need something to play the videos you made within your headset. Google's built in app, or Skybox, or Cinema Variety.
    I think I can help here, BUT I have Daydream version 1 and a Samsung S8. There ARE a couple apps that have Daydream AND Gear VR apps and of those SOME require you to use the GearVR, or at least they required me who HAS a Gear VR, not sure what it would do if you don't have the Gear VR stuff installed. MOST apps work fine in Daydream. Ok the 360 should be no problem, you just need something to play the videos you made within your headset. Google's built in app, or Skybox, or Cinema Variety.
    10-06-2017 12:13 PM