Hello VR heads,

I wonder if anyone can help me out. I'm doing a show on YouTube where I interview comedians about important places in their life using Google Street View. I'm looking into ways of incorporating Google Earth VR into the show and I'm planning to start doing live events at arts festivals.

I want to speak to someone at Google about the implications of this regarding copyright. I've contacted them via the street view permissions of use form a couple of times but haven't received a reply. If anyone has any leads on how to get in touch with them that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to the show as it is now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKdbrU0Vo3M&t=1897s

Many Thanks

Dave
    01-03-2018 05:17 AM
    You picked like THE worst time to reach out to people CES in Vegas is about to begin, and most companies, tech insiders, bloggers etc are heading there and will be busy for the next couple weeks with coverage etc. Perhaps some of our bloggers such as @Russell Holly, @James Bricknell & @Cale Hunt can help, BUT they might be tied up a while with CES.

My only knowledge of the workings of Google come from the movie The Internship! lol
    01-04-2018 10:47 AM
    I wish i could help but I honestly wouldn't even know where to start. I think Google are pretty ok with you using Google maps in any way and that would include the VR.

It's a very cool idea for a show although would some of the impact be lost if you were in VR headsets? still, best of luck!
    pkcable likes this.
    01-04-2018 10:53 AM