I have a Google Cardboard... and I'm to an extent interested in getting a "real" VR but first I'd need some advise as far as what would the difference be between Cardboard and a "real" VR, take into consideration I do this for fun, and will not (can't) spend more than a couple hundreds
    10-30-2016 01:32 PM
    Welcome, dubalx!

Cardboard is VR in the basic sense of the word. It creates an entirely different world for a user to immerse themselves in. Cardboard, compared to other VR, is designed to be basic because it is the most compatible VR with the widest number of devices. As you get more powerful VR, it requires more specialized hardware.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-30-2016 10:20 PM
    For me, Cardboard was a great place to start and does plenty for me to feel like I'm enjoying the VR experience; especially for the price. However, I do understand that there's much better hardware out there, so I do know that my Cardboard is limited. All depends on how much you want to be able to do with it and how much you want to spend, but if you can spend "a couple hundred," you have plenty of options out there.
    10-31-2016 10:31 AM
    Thanks guys, what was your step up after cardboard?
    10-31-2016 11:53 AM
    Mine was Gear VR and Vive. Mobile VR has it's own "tree" of what's good, then room VR has it's own.
    10-31-2016 08:27 PM
    It's basic VR, and thus real VR. A good start for those interested in VR, but don't want to spend too much money until they're sure about it.
    krisguy likes this.
    11-01-2016 01:12 AM
    if its give you a virtual reality(literally) experience than it is a VR headset,
    11-01-2016 07:37 AM
    I have a Google Cardboard... and I'm to an extent interested in getting a "real" VR but first I'd need some advise as far as what would the difference be between Cardboard and a "real" VR, take into consideration I do this for fun, and will not (can't) spend more than a couple hundreds
    The Google Cardboard IS a VR device. Its the entry level to experience VR. it works with lots of devices.

If you don't want to spend a lot, i would recommend getting a Samsung Gear VR. its <$100 and provides a good experience.

Then, once you love it to bits, you can purchase maybe a PlayStation VR headset or a HTV VIVE. That would be a nice upgrade.
    krisguy likes this.
    11-01-2016 12:40 PM
    Samsung Gear VR is a good shout
    11-01-2016 01:09 PM
    I posted on another thread, Amazon has tons of inexpensive VR headsets. They also usually have a generous return policy. Give one a try.
    11-01-2016 11:52 PM