How do you think, can Daydream VR with Pixel smartphone be a good initial option for starting acquaintance with VR experience?
    10-30-2016 11:12 AM
    First, welcome to VR Heads! Thanks for joining.

Absolutely! The biggest thing that people want to see when they first play with VR is full immersion. To be honest, the latest games don't have as much of an impact as looking at photos from 360cities.net or Facebook in 360 degrees.

For the experiences that come with it, Daydream is a great way to start.
    10-30-2016 10:22 PM
    if you can afford pixel than great, but any flagship phone with 1440p screen is great place to start, but it is not a must,
    any 1080p mid range phone is enough for play game, watch 360 video, but there is things to be consider

1. battery life vr on mobile is drain battery really fast
    2. amoled or any oled screen will give you better experience
    3. nougat improve vr experience a bit(motion blur option in display setting)
    10-31-2016 12:38 AM
    Thank you for you answers
    10-31-2016 04:36 PM
    How do you think, can Daydream VR with Pixel smartphone be a good initial option for starting acquaintance with VR experience?
    Firstly (since you have less than 5 posts)
    Welcome to VRheads. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

DayDream would be a great start. Some people start out with the Google Cardboard or the Gear VR. since they are cheap. I think if you use anything except hololens, you will have a ok-to-good experience.
    11-01-2016 02:58 AM
    I think it will be an excellent choice! Most of us here started with Google Cardboard VR. Cardboard VR is a software platform for low-end VR experience. Daydream VR is Google's high-end VR platform, which means it will deliver more sophisticated and immersive VR experience.
    If you can start with Daydream and Pixel, boy you're a lucky guy! I'd be very happy if I were you.

Daydream and compatible devices are designed to overcome the weaknesses Cardboard VR brought. An example is that Cardboard makes some people feel motion sickness. This is due to refresh rate of on screen images. With more powerful processor and newest AMOLED display Daydream-ready devices alleviate motion sickness.
    And also Daydream features a controller, it means you can interact much more interactively with the VR world. You can play a far more lively games with greater range of gestures.

If you start with Daydream and Pixel you won't suffer from these weaknesses that earlier VR platform has. Which I believe it will make you fall in love with VR easier. Good luck!
    11-01-2016 12:10 PM
    Thanks to everyone for such informative answers!
    11-02-2016 04:24 AM