Hello,

I'm a newbie cardboard developer. I'm working on a cardboard experience for android using unity 5.5.0f3 however, I'm facing a major problem. Every time I launch the application in any mobile phone all it shows is a blue screen.The application is working fine in the unity editor. I'm using Google SDK version 0.7 and building for Android 2.3.1 'Gingerbread' API level 9. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    GhoshIon likes this.
    01-18-2017 04:45 AM
    Hi there, welcome to VR Heads!

Could you share with us what phone you're using as a development target? It may help track down your problem. Also, does the screen go blue as soon as you launch the application or does the phone attempt to split the screen first?
    GhoshIon likes this.
    01-18-2017 07:48 AM
    Welcome to VRHeads! We are going to need more info in order to help you further. Please join the site. Here's how....
    http://forums.vrheads.com/ask-questi...eads-com-8087/

Also check out our developer sub forum....

VR Developer Lounge - VRHeads Forum
    GhoshIon likes this.
    01-18-2017 12:04 PM
    I would need to have a look at your project, but it sounds like there are two cameras in the scene, and the cardboard one isn't the default. If you could post a screenshot with your project tree expanded and one showing what you are seeing in the app I could probably help you figure it out.
    pkcable and GhoshIon like this.
    01-18-2017 12:42 PM
    Hello,

I'm a newbie cardboard developer. I'm working on a cardboard experience for android using unity 5.5.0f3 however, I'm facing a major problem. Every time I launch the application in any mobile phone all it shows is a blue screen.The application is working fine in the unity editor. I'm using Google SDK version 0.7 and building for Android 2.3.1 'Gingerbread' API level 9. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Lots of awesome feedback above - if the advice there doesn't help unblock you... Check your scenes Under File > Build Project, you will see a list of all scenes, with the top scene being the first one that loads in your game. You want that first Scene to be the one you are working on.

In a 2D game or a 3D game with no skybox and only a camera with nothing else, the screen will show only a blue screen to the camera.

So that would definitely be my first step. That said, if you want some private one-on-one help, feel free to send me a message on here. There are some good Slack chats where you can get advice from other VR devs - and I'd be happy to take a look at your project and help you work through it.
    01-18-2017 02:30 PM
    I don't know why but when I reimported all my assets and packages in a new project ,built it and ran it ,it started working fine no blue screen at all. Dunno why it was showing a blue screen in the first place. Thank you all for the help.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-19-2017 12:57 AM
    I don't know why but when I reimported all my assets and packages in a new project ,built it and ran it ,it started working fine no blue screen at all. Dunno why it was showing a blue screen in the first place. Thank you all for the help.
    So glad you decided to join us! Please feel free to introduce us to your app or game once you are ready! And always feel free to ask for help from our resident developers like EgoAnt and KermEd!
    GhoshIon and KermEd like this.
    01-19-2017 09:25 AM
    Hey welcome to the Forum! I was just looking here what can I do (google) for you and turns out some already got here first and you already solved.
    GhoshIon likes this.
    01-19-2017 03:05 PM