I've heard that VR can be used in therapy to help those with ADHD or even trauma but I'm not really able to find out much information regarding this. Does anyone have any experiences with this type of usage or know of any studies?
    Matty likes this.
    04-17-2017 02:36 PM
    I don't know offhand of any studies to list for you, but I do know that a "game" called Snow World has been used for a while in pain management. Burn patients who need debridement (excruciatingly painful and no pain meds can be given for it) are much more able to handle it if they're engaged in the virtual reality snow landscape of Snow World. I also know there are several therapeutic apps available for the Gear VR that deal with phobias. Spiders, heights, etc. I don't know if there are any studies using those apps, however.

I will see if I can find any abstracts to link to after I eat dinner.
    04-17-2017 06:20 PM
    I was in a mental facility back in September, and I asked my therapists about it. None of them have seen any studies, but many are interested in the photos and some of the relaxation apps available right now.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    04-17-2017 08:23 PM
    I've heard that VR can be used in therapy to help those with ADHD or even trauma but I'm not really able to find out much information regarding this. Does anyone have any experiences with this type of usage or know of any studies?
    I haven't heard of any studies being done yet, but VR is a very promising up and coming market that I'm sure all avenues are currently being explored. I can give you one example, if my sister has had a out of the ordinary stressful day. She pops on her VR headset and watches a video of someone walking on the beach. Hearing the sounds of the waves and being able to feel like she is there makes her relaxed.

Something like this. This is just a stationary video but you get the idea.
    04-19-2017 04:39 AM