i recently went thru an article by jen karner about above storage solution to watch media files on samsung gear vr black. i want to ask , while phone is in the vr set, how the above device supposed to connect to the phone. As its port is already occupied by that of vr ?????/
    02-14-2017 01:27 AM
    Some sort of Y adapter, OR pass-thru?
    02-14-2017 09:03 AM
    The Gear VR has a USB port on the bottom for charging and, I think (in the case of the black version), data. Try plugging it in there?
    pkcable likes this.
    02-14-2017 03:49 PM
    Also it can be referred to cardboard like VR headsets.

Using a HUB as PKcable recommended might work due Android can handle it at least the OS don't know in GearVR.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-14-2017 09:33 PM
    Also it can be referred to cardboard like VR headsets.

Using a HUB as PKcable recommended might work due Android can handle it at least the OS don't know in GearVR.
    The thing with the Gear VR is the phone plugs in to the USB and there is no room for anything between the phone and the headset. There is, however, a pass-through USB port on the bottom of the headset that allows for charging and, in the newest version of the headset, data.

While the Samsung phones themselves can handle a hub, I'm sure, that's not the issue; there's simply no room for a hub between the phone and headset
    02-15-2017 04:49 PM
    The thing with the Gear VR is the phone plugs in to the USB and there is no room for anything between the phone and the headset. There is, however, a pass-through USB port on the bottom of the headset that allows for charging and, in the newest version of the headset, data.

While the Samsung phones themselves can handle a hub, I'm sure, that's not the issue; there's simply no room for a hub between the phone and headset
    Well if it allows to transmit data maybe you can plug the USB HUB there, I think it's matter of trying, but I don't have a Gear VR, we will wait if the wise Gear VR owners can helps us a Little.
    02-15-2017 08:29 PM
    Hubs won't work. The data connection is USB 2.0 on the black Gear VR. The white one, which I have, doesn't do squat except power.
    02-16-2017 11:07 AM
    Hubs won't work. The data connection is USB 2.0 on the black Gear VR. The white one, which I have, doesn't do squat except power.
    This is true. The original poster mentioned he had a black Gear VR, though, so I'd imagine plugging the storage device in there might work. If it has a USB C connector or adapter, that is. I haven't tried yet as I don't have a storage device with USB C, but it might well be worth a try.
    Chemy JMHT and pkcable like this.
    02-17-2017 06:30 AM