While the preorder seems a little expensive at $249 US, the Finch controller definitely looks like a great way to control mobile VR.

I'm curious, though, if technologies like Leap and Tango will evolve so fast that by the time this device ships it won't be necessary.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-21-2016 04:52 PM
    It's not as expensive as I expected, 250 for those if can handle the same as the Oculus Touch, what I don't understand is if it's the whole package (HMD + controller) or just the controller and compatible with all the platforms in the market.

I need to research a little bit
    10-21-2016 04:58 PM
    Ok, this is nice about it:

PC VR
    Just like high-end VR devices, Finch is compatible with your PC and any HMD. It supports Oculus and HTC Lighthouse standards. Enjoy the freedom of movements!
    Non VR
    Don't own goggles? No worries! Finch has a zillion other applications, including robot control. Play in a real world!
    Mobile VR
    Did you think you couldn't afford virtual reality? Think again, because Finch will transform YOUR smartphone into a robust VR device. Just add ANY VR headset and enjoy the immersion into the new worlds.

Source: Finch VR | Mobile VR controller
    LezCronut and EgoAnt like this.
    10-21-2016 09:32 PM
    This looks awesome. How does it compare to the daydream remote?
    10-26-2016 09:20 AM
    This looks awesome. How does it compare to the daydream remote?
    Well they seem worlds apart. With gadgets like Finch we have greater freedom with lots of gestures we can do as well. Remote control is very limited, especially a cheap one like Daydream's. Sooner or later we automatically long for a controller like Finch.
    When your controller is like Finch, the immersive presence gets even richer and more life like. Like when a guy in the video shooting arrow. It's more natural to do the gesture: pulling the string from the bow and shoot.

Clasping a remote control for a long period of time also fatigues our hands. With Finch we can do many gestures that allow our hands and fingers to spreadnot clasping all the time.
    10-29-2016 07:41 AM