Just ran across this video on YouTube from POP 2Review and thought I'd share it. I'd been wondering when someone would make a Gear VR app using the walk-in-place locomotion mechanism.

I'd run across it before in a Cardboard demo and thought it was cool and could add to the immersion of pretty much any game, but there really aren't very many games actually using it, as far as I can tell, in Cardboard or Gear VR. Whenever I get off my duff and actually make an app myself, this is one of the locomotion methods I was considering using.

The game itself is basically Frogger with a little endless runner action thrown in (in that there are aliens chasing you and shooting at you), but looks like it should be fun.

02-22-2017 08:28 AM
    See, this is how people like me trip and fall and die.

Guess I'll go install this and see if I can avoid a hospital.
    Firegold21 and Klortch like this.
    02-22-2017 11:54 AM
    This looks like a fun way to get some indoor exercise. I'm going to have to consider a Gear VR.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    02-22-2017 03:30 PM
    I finally purchased the app myself and tried it out. Works fairly well, though the run in place mechanism isn't perfect. I did, however, find out after I took the headset off that I had actually physically moved, so your concern, Russell, is valid, lol. I moved about ... two feet or so. Not far, but if I had bumped into anything ...

The graphics are so-so. Very cartoony, so not terribly immersive. Which is probably a good thing, as I'm not sure I'd want to repeatedly immersively hit by a truck or drowing in a river. And yes, at a later point than the video showed, you have to cross a river on floating logs going in opposite directions. I wonder if you have to hop on alligators and turtles later on.

It was fun enough, however, and definitely got the heart rate up a little bit. It'd be great to use on a treadmill, should you happen to have one lying around (or have little enough shame and bring your HMD to the gym).
    king Hsi likes this.
    02-24-2017 05:41 PM
    Can you upload this game on "dropbox" or "mediafire"
    Because I want to downloaded, but I have no money to buy it in play store...
    02-25-2017 04:42 PM
    Can you upload this game on "dropbox" or "mediafire"
    Because I want to downloaded, but I have no money to buy it in play store...
    Sorry, but I can't. I'd advise waiting until you can afford to drop 99 cents on it.
    02-26-2017 08:26 PM
    Why... bro, I am eager to try it
    03-02-2017 06:18 PM