Which VR headseat is recommended?
    04-04-2017 12:11 PM
    How much did you want to spend? What kind of phone do you have? What kind of PC do you have? Do you need a new phone or PC? These questions will help me, give you better recommendations.
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-05-2017 10:22 PM
    The only one I can recommend is the full room experience of the Vive. The rest are half baked VR experiences.

Cheers
    04-06-2017 02:40 PM
    The only one I can recommend is the full room experience of the Vive. The rest are half baked VR experiences.

Cheers
    I don't agree with this! While the HTC Vive is certainly a premium experience, I think the Google Daydream View and GearVR are also quite good for those on a budget and with the correct phone. I would not recommend Google Cardboard unless you can't afford anything else and you don't have the phone for a View or Gear.
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-10-2017 10:28 PM
    Yeah, probably, I haven't tried them, only cardboard and it sucks when compared to the HTC Vive.
    04-11-2017 01:54 AM
    Ive only used Gear VR personally and would say its the perfect starting point. You can see if the motion sickness is a issue, has the lowest cost to get in of all the mainstream headsets and if you have the correct PC parts you can stream your games to it
    pkcable and Yanna98 like this.
    04-11-2017 04:57 AM
    Ive only used Gear VR personally and would say its the perfect starting point. You can see if the motion sickness is a issue, has the lowest cost to get in of all the mainstream headsets and if you have the correct PC parts you can stream your games to it
    But it's only 60 frames per second. The Vive is 90.
    04-11-2017 08:29 AM
    Clearly the Vive is the way to go (OR Rift) BUT Google Daydream or GearVR is also OK IF you have less to spend, AND you have the correct phone. Cardboard is NOT recommended unless that's your only option.
    04-11-2017 09:38 AM
    But it's only 60 frames per second. The Vive is 90.
    As I mentioned Ive only used the Gear VR. And I consider the best starting point for cost alone. You can get the whole set up for less than the headset alone if you look around and you get a usable phone too.
    I wanna Vive soooo much but I havent even got a PC so you can imagine the costs to get started.
    04-11-2017 01:23 PM
    How much did you want to spend? What kind of phone do you have? What kind of PC do you have? Do you need a new phone or PC? These questions will help me, give you better recommendations.
    For galaxy note 5 and pc
    04-12-2017 06:35 AM
    For galaxy note 5 and pc
    Well with a Note 5 you COULD easily go with a GearVR and get an excellent VR experience for a reasonable entry cost 50-150 dollars (depending on if you buy used or new and depending on if you find promo pricing). IF you have a VR ready PC or IF you can upgrade your video card then you can get the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift for a more premium VR experience, BUT these headsets cost 600-800 dollars. And like I said you MAY have to upgrade your PC! GearVR might be your best bet! It's a great experience. Perhaps our Samsung GearVR Champion @Firegold21 will come in and give his opinion.
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-12-2017 10:20 AM
    If your PC is VR-ready and you can afford it, I'd say go with the Rift or the Vive. If not, I'd say go with the Gear VR so you can get a great VR experience for less money and save up for the premium experience. IMO, you can't really go wrong with the Gear VR.
    04-12-2017 11:48 AM
    Yes in my personal opinion who can effort more money to get a VR headset i recommend HTC vive because the feel of gaming expereience are much better with graphics & well designed for prefect placement.
    04-13-2017 10:12 PM
    I would go with the Vive also. Nothing better out there.
    04-13-2017 10:30 PM
    My suggestion would be to start with something a bit less pricey, to make sure you don't suffer from any motion sickness, etc.

The Daydream & Gear VR are fantastic starting points.
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-14-2017 03:51 AM
    I would go with the Vive also. Nothing better out there.
    Exactly. If you can, I recommend it. But it costs a bit.

Cheers
    04-14-2017 05:54 AM
    This is my "Formula" to give you a recommendation:

1. Money is not a problem and do you want the highest end with room scale and both controllers, go for the Rift + Touch controllers or the ViVE Kit.
    2. You want a phone based VR experience, go for any Samsung GearVR compatible device or any Daydream Compatible Device.
    3. Do you want a budget Daydream experience go for the Moto Z or the ZTE Axon 7
    4. Do you want the a great AR experience also, wait for the ASUS Zenphone AR (Daydream compatible too).

But if you are looking for a more in house options maybe this formula would help you decide

1. You already have a PS4 and don't have a VR capable PC and don't want to spend all the money needed for it, go for a PSVR
    2. You don't have a PS4 and have a computer which can handle VR go for the Rift or ViVE.
    2.1. Do you like some of the content for a specific device, chose that device.
    2.2. Don't have enough for the ViVE and can't wait, go for the Rift.
    And so on...

Remember, only the Rift and the ViVE have a real room scale option, also only the GearVR + S8 and the Daydream devices have controllers which can handle the spatial location in the virtual experience.

But my real recommendation is, try all the devices you can before buying, maybe the one which gives you the best experiences for what you want is the Daydream and you will be stuck with other because you didn't try it before.
    Blakey_nz likes this.
    04-14-2017 08:54 PM
    Well with a Note 5 you COULD easily go with a GearVR and get an excellent VR experience for a reasonable entry cost 50-150 dollars (depending on if you buy used or new and depending on if you find promo pricing). IF you have a VR ready PC or IF you can upgrade your video card then you can get the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift for a more premium VR experience, BUT these headsets cost 600-800 dollars. And like I said you MAY have to upgrade your PC! GearVR might be your best bet! It's a great experience. Perhaps our Samsung GearVR Champion @Firegold21 will come in and give his opinion.
    Wow would love to try these
    04-14-2017 09:02 PM
    This is my "Formula" to give you a recommendation:

1. Money is not a problem and do you want the highest end with room scale and both controllers, go for the Rift + Touch controllers or the ViVE Kit.
    2. You want a phone based VR experience, go for any Samsung GearVR compatible device or any Daydream Compatible Device.
    3. Do you want a budget Daydream experience go for the Moto Z or the ZTE Axon 7
    4. Do you want the a great AR experience also, wait for the ASUS Zenphone AR (Daydream compatible too).

But if you are looking for a more in house options maybe this formula would help you decide

1. You already have a PS4 and don't have a VR capable PC and don't want to spend all the money needed for it, go for a PSVR
    2. You don't have a PS4 and have a computer which can handle VR go for the Rift or ViVE.
    2.1. Do you like some of the content for a specific device, chose that device.
    2.2. Don't have enough for the ViVE and can't wait, go for the Rift.
    And so on...

Remember, only the Rift and the ViVE have a real room scale option, also only the GearVR + S8 and the Daydream devices have controllers which can handle the spatial location in the virtual experience.

But my real recommendation is, try all the devices you can before buying, maybe the one which gives you the best experiences for what you want is the Daydream and you will be stuck with other because you didn't try it before.
    Those are very nice advises, I couldn't have said it better

Cheers
    04-15-2017 04:44 AM
    Thanks for the Recommendations from actual users !
    Yanna98 and Chemy JMHT like this.
    04-15-2017 06:10 AM
    Good basic advice, except you forgot to mention that the vast majority of potential users will not be able to buy a pair of Daydream goggles...
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-15-2017 08:27 AM
    Amd and htc present new products, excellent gear
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    04-15-2017 12:30 PM
    Amd and htc present new products, excellent gear
    AMD? What do you mean?

Cheers
    04-17-2017 12:54 AM
    Can any new HTC phone be used with VR ?
    Yanna98 likes this.
    04-17-2017 06:23 AM