Hey Daydream fans!

Those looking into Daydream might be glad to know their is a new Google Daydream headset introduced by Huawei called - Huawei VR

According to Google's blog post, is built to be easy to use. It has an adjustable focus so it can be used without eyeglasses, and provides a 95° field of view. It will also make use of Google VR motion controller.

It is also mentioned that Zenfone and Axon will also be making Daydream headset.

Certainly looks like Google Daydream is picking up steam.
    01-10-2017 07:39 PM
    Looks like Gear VR, I'm not totally sure you can use it without wearing your glasses, it's not only about focusing vertically but also angular, that's the tricky part, also ome conditions will required a special lenses.

In other sbject, this is becoming a good thing because I can see a little of AR tech just by taking off the cover and allowing the camera to capture some of the Real Life.

Also those new devices to come will do a lot if they areas awesome as PKCable tells
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-10-2017 07:56 PM
    I am curious if all these new headsets are just for their specific devices, I would rather see more generic shells than proprietary ones th
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-10-2017 08:09 PM
    I am curious if all these new headsets are just for their specific devices, I would rather see more generic shells than proprietary ones th
    I agree. Would be fun if new Daydream units be more universal then restricted to certain devices.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    01-10-2017 08:14 PM
    Looks like Gear VR, I'm not totally sure you can use it without wearing your glasses, it's not only about focusing vertically but also angular, that's the tricky part, also ome conditions will required a special lenses.

In other sbject, this is becoming a good thing because I can see a little of AR tech just by taking off the cover and allowing the camera to capture some of the Real Life.

Also those new devices to come will do a lot if they areas awesome as PKCable tells
    It looking like a Gear VR also came to mind. I also found it odd about the eyeglasses on the blog post. To me it gives me the impression the lenses use are the same as going to the optometrist. Hopefully we will get a review on this HMD in the future for more clarification.

01-10-2017 08:21 PM
    It looking like a Gear VR also came to mind. I also found it odd about the eyeglasses on the blog post. To me it gives me the impression the lenses use are the same as going to the optometrist. Hopefully we will get a review on this HMD in the future for more clarification.

Yes because it's not only if you are correcting a perfect myopia or astigmatism with 0 degrees axis, almost nobody has that, there are a lot of corrections needed

That's why the basic eyes examination has this values:

You will need to rotate the lenses inside the HMD.
    01-11-2017 05:43 AM
    Big thing to remember with this headset is that Huawei wants it to be China only. Don't expect it to be sold elsewhere. Anywhere outside of China the Mate 9 Pro is sold, Daydream View will be the headset offered with it.
    01-11-2017 08:32 AM