Welcome to the VRHeads Forum Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noitom - R Motion Capture Glove

Hey VRHeads!

CES 2017 showed a lot of cool "toys" for those venturing in the world of VR. One accessory that cough my attention is the motion capture glove by Noitom.

Called the Hi5 VR Glove, it is Noitom's first venture into the consumer product market. It uses technology from their Perception Neuron motion capture system. With is unique sensors, the Hi5 can accurately relay motion data from glove to computer in real-time.They have officially partnered with HTC Vive. HTC Vive owners will have total freedom and control of their hands within a virtual environment.

It is also compatible with the new HTC Vive tracker as shown by one of our members in the following thread.

Cool to see companies coming out with motion capture accessories such as this. For me, this is one step closer from getting "The Power Glove"

Source: Article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now no one can claim that the Touch controllers are giving the best hand presence.
    Will the Vive wands be obsolete, or will they be combined together with the gloves? I mean, will we be able to use both at the same time (wearing gloves and holding the controllers)?

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Compare this moment in their intro video to the image above:

I definitely salute any hardware peripheral makers for their bravery. It's a huge and ever-changing market to get into.