When Bethesda first started messing around with Fallout 4 for VR, the demos all had this teleportation mechanic. We've seen this in other VR games, but in Fallout that teleportation really defeats the purpose of the V.A.T.S. system and makes things like dodging the bigger monsters WAY too easy. I've been a little concerned about what Fallout 4 for VR would be like when they finished it, a recent interview made it sound like they're going to include multiple locomotion methods so it everyone can experience the game at their own comfort level.

Now I'm excited to see what this is going to be like. Also, actually finishing Fallout 4. I still haven't done that yet.
    02-20-2017 01:08 PM
    Looking forward also. Innovation and AAA games is what we need!
    Cheers
    02-20-2017 02:07 PM
    Looking forward also. Innovation and AAA games is what we need!
    Cheers
    Yeah, it excites me to see a company as big as Bethesda paying attention to what indie devs in this space are doing.
    krisguy likes this.
    02-20-2017 05:39 PM
    It will be awesome just to look around the wasteland. Anything extra is a bonus in my book, so I'm hyped regardless.
    krisguy and Klortch like this.
    02-20-2017 05:53 PM
    I'm ready to buy the game again, no matter what system is in place. I've played it on Xbox and love it. I'm just afraid of scorpions and Mireluks. Ew!
    02-20-2017 09:07 PM
    I'm ready to buy the game again, no matter what system is in place. I've played it on Xbox and love it. I'm just afraid of scorpions and Mireluks. Ew!
    I am deeply concerned about the status of my pants if a Deathclaw comes running up from behind me.
    krisguy and Klortch like this.
    02-21-2017 08:19 AM
    I am deeply concerned about the status of my pants if a Deathclaw comes running up from behind me.
    I expect myself and a few other VR streamers to have "Pooped my pants" vids on YouTube.
    02-21-2017 08:27 AM
    I've been tempted to jump back into FO4 lately but I've been holding out for this. Glad they might not stick with tele only.
    02-21-2017 08:38 AM
    Really curious how Bethesda's Doom VR project is gonna end out working with movement - the recent game is so fast paced, and I can't imagine a similar experience in VR without motion sickness
    02-21-2017 08:41 AM
    It will be awesome just to look around the wasteland. Anything extra is a bonus in my book, so I'm hyped regardless.
    This is how I feel too. I just want to sit on an abandoned couch in the middle of the apocalyptic wasteland and ponder how war never changes.
    Russell Holly and papernut like this.
    02-21-2017 09:49 AM
    Really curious how Bethesda's Doom VR project is gonna end out working with movement - the recent game is so fast paced, and I can't imagine a similar experience in VR without motion sickness
    Lol that's a really good point. That game is a rush
    02-21-2017 10:28 AM
    Hopefully it's not what happened to Serious Sam, where you just stand still and squeeze the triggers.
    02-21-2017 11:41 AM