On my Moto Z, even if I stop NFC, Cardboard Apps will not run. Why?
    02-25-2017 06:16 AM
    What happens when you open a Cardboard app you have installed on your phone?
    02-25-2017 05:10 PM
    Hi Russell. It asks me to insert the Moto Z and then displays a picture of a cardboard device and below that, in orange the word NEXT. There is also a white spot which turns into a circle when directed at the word NEXT but nothing else happens. It also asks me to PRESS THE BUTTON TO SELECT which confuses me. Your help for this very old man would be appreciated.
    02-26-2017 05:46 AM
    Hi Russell. It asks me to insert the Moto Z and then displays a picture of a cardboard device and below that, in orange the word NEXT. There is also a white spot which turns into a circle when directed at the word NEXT but nothing else happens. It also asks me to PRESS THE BUTTON TO SELECT which confuses me. Your help for this very old man would be appreciated.
    Hello Gerryatric,

What is the Google Cardboard Viewer you are using?

Might it be similar to this?

If so, notice the grey button.

When using your Moto Z in your viewer, you will see a small circle in the center. When you see that small circle you then look to where the word word Next is. The small circle should be on top then, press the grey button on the viewer to select it.

If your viewer is not the same as the one pictured above, let us know and we can see what we can do
    02-28-2017 08:38 AM
    I am using a Daydream View headset. It is said that turning NFC off allows Cardboard Apps to run but when I try to run 'Cardboard App' I get the result I stated previously!
    02-28-2017 11:13 AM
    I am using a Daydream View headset. It is said that turning NFC off allows Cardboard Apps to run but when I try to run 'Cardboard App' I get the result I stated previously!
    Darn! The Daydream is something I do not have unfortunately. But fear not! I have asked a few people to help us find a solution
    02-28-2017 01:13 PM
    I think cardboard support is built in now and you no longer need to turn off NFC, HOWEVER I was required to update my controller software. I was instructed to hold the home button (the one that is used to center the pointer) to start the update.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-28-2017 01:17 PM
    Yes I have updated the controller but it does not cure the problem - curses
    03-14-2017 06:35 AM